The information necessary for calculating shipping for your items is embedded in the HTML that is generated by the HTML Wizard. The HTML generated by the Wizard will be pasted next to each item you have available to sell. You may use the HTML Wizard for each individual item reused for multiple auctions, or simply reuse it for each item, altering the necessary fields (title, price, weight) as you go. If your HTML for your items will be more complex, ie, special carrier services, item attributes, etc., we suggest you generate the HTML directly from the Wizard to ensure it is correct.
- Item Name (required): The name of your product. This is the name that will appear in the cart.
- Item Reference:Use this for your internal item number or other reference.
- Price (required: item price. Do not include "$" sign.
- Default Quantity::The quantity of the item that appears in the cart before the customer edits it (if editable).
- Allow buyers to change quantity?::If yes, the quantity field will be editable; if no, it will not be editable.
- Taxable::Determines whether tax will be added for this item when your tax configurations you have set up are applied.
- Calculation Method (required): This setting determines what method our engine will utilize to construct rates. "Carrier Calculated" rates are determined from each carrier's pricing based on weight, destination, and, optionally, item dimensions and special services. "Fixed" rates are determined based on your specific entered dollar figures. No shipping rate is calculated at all for "Free Shipping" items (nor are any handling or insurance fees added). The "Free Domestic" method is a combination of free and calculated based on destination: for domestic destinations (relative to the shipping origin) shipping is free, and for international destinations, shipping is carrier-calculated.
- Package (required):This setting determines whether you allow items to be packaged together with other items. This will affect the shipping calculation when your customers use the shipping calculator to determine fees for multiple items.
For any items where "together" is selected, the shipping calculator will combine item weights together until the carrier service's maximum package weight (or, if you have set one, your custom maximum weight) is reached. Any packaging costs are, of course, only added once. This setting allows you to encourage your customers to bid on multiple items as they can easily view their shipping savings.
For items where "separately" is selected, the calculator will not combine the item (and packaging) weight with any additional items. If you are selling pre-packaged items, or the nature of your item requires separate packaging, select this setting.
- Weight (required):The weight of your item is one of the most important factors of the shipping calculation. Enter as accurate a weight as possible. You may enter the weight all in lbs (i.e., 5.5 lbs), or as a combination of lbs and oz (i.e., 5 lbs, 8 oz).
- Dimensions: If you think that your item may be oversized, entering the item dimensions will allow the shipping calculator to account for oversized rates. You also need to enter dimensions if you have indicated (Carrier Settings page) that you use the USPS flat rate boxes. Keep in mind that different carriers have varying definitions of what qualifies an item for oversized status. Also, some carrier services have size restrictions, especially the international services. For these services to get rated, dimensions must be available to determine if they qualify. If you are using international services, it is safest to inlude item dimensions. For more information on dimension policies go to USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL.
- Origin Code::If you "drop-ship", i.e., send your items from multiple origins, you can set up "codes" matched to each of your origin zip codes ("Settings => Origin Codes"). You must then match each item to the appropriate origin code so that our engine can determine where the item is originating from. The engine can handle mulitple items each from its own origin. If you do not have origin codes or use the "default" code, your zip from the Seller Information page will be used.
- Lot Size::Use lot size if your item breaks down into multiple units. This allows you to enter weight and dimensions for just one of the units. The best example is a set of wheels.
- Insurable::Determines whether the value of this item will be included when applying your configured insurance settings.
- On Demand Services::If you have set any carrier services to "on-demand" (Carrier Settings page), those services will be available for you to select here. To pick multiple services, hold down the "Ctrl" key when you make your selections. The selection of these services will result in our engine providing a rate for them; not selecting an on-demand service here means no rate will be calculated. If there are multiple items in the cart, all of the items must have the on-demand service selected for a rate to be calculated for it.
- Additional Carrier Services::Click "Select Services" for a pop-up window listing a variety of general and carrier-specific special services that you may elect. The shipping rate for this item will include the additional fees for your selected special services.
- Supplemental Handling Fees::If your item requires some special handling or packaging that increases your costs, you can elect to pass on these costs by adding this supplemental fee. This fee is added in addition to your configured handling fees. You can enter a dollar figure, or, if you have set up any supplemental handling codes (Settings +> Supplemental Handling Codes), select from them here. Codes can be linked to specific carrier services or geographical regions.
- Fixed Fee Codes (Fixed Calculation Method)::If you use fixed fees and have set up fixed fee codes (Settings => Fixed Fee Codes) you can select from them here. Fixed fee codes can be linked to one or more carrier services and/or one or more geographical regions. You can, for example, define one rate for ground services and one rate for next day services, or one for domestic shipments and one for international.
- Fixed Fee Amounts (Fixed Calculation Method):: Alternatively, simply enter a dollar figure for "Fixed Rate for First Item" and, if you provide a discount for multiple items,m a dollar figure for "Fixed rate for Additional Items." When you set a fixed rate for shipping, no additional fees (insurance, taxes, handling, or packaging) are added. The exact fee that you list is the shipping fee total. When mutiple items, each with different fixed rates, are included in the same package, the highest fixed rate will be used for the first package and then the appropriate discounted "additional item rate" added for each of the other items.
Item Attributes allow you to collect from your customer and pass on additional information about your item, such as color, style, or any other quality that you need. Each value of your atrribute can alter, if you so choose, the price of the item. You may use one attribute that also changes the weight and/or dimensions of the item as well (thereby changing the shipping rate. For example, your "size" attribute may have a "large" value that weighs substantially more than your "medium"; setting the weight in the attribute will result in accurate shipping rates. Click the "Add Value" buton for a popup window for creating attributes and entering values for them. First create the attribute (ie, "color"), select the HTML type (radio button or drop-down menu), enter the first value (ie, "red"), set any price, weight or dimension differentials, and click "Add Attribute Value." Then add the next value (ie, "blue") by first selecting your "color" attribute, and entering the value. Continue in this way until all your values are entered, and then close the popup window.
You can elect for your cart to open in a new (full size) window, a popup (smaller) window, or in the same window as your web site. This is entirely a design preference. Our product works identically in all cases, except for the behavior of the "Continue Shopping " button. In the first two cases clicking on this button simply closed the window; in the last case the customer is returned to the last page (ie, the page with your "Add to Cart" button).